Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sick, and playing a little bit of catch up

So, we've been sick for about..a month! We were hit with a cold and A and I were breathing through our mouths for about two weeks, then we or I should technically say I got hit with the flu, and now A has Strep. We seriously need to rebuild our immune systems! But, since it's been over a month since I've posted I'll do my best to catch everyone up on the happenings of the past month.

We had a great Christmas, A did a great job opening presents and really enjoyed playing with them. We spent the morning with my brother, Uncle Justin and then spent the afternoon and evening with Grandma Itzel and Papi, and the Aunties. Then, there was new years, A almost made it to the new year, but crashed a little shy of midnight. 

In the past month, we've gotten a hamster (christmas gift) and a cat. Fancy is our little rodent and Mulan is the newer addition, she's our stray calico kitty. A likes her, and she is a pretty good cat, she just kind of walked into our lives. We were at my parents house for my step mom's birthday and Mulan just followed my step mom into the house, it was just like this was her home and she was so comfortable. We gave her a little food and water, and she stuck around. We ended up with her a little over a week later. 

We also went to visit GiGi and Grandpa Dan and the little Aunties and Uncles. A had a blast playing with everyone and he actually got to play on their playground and with the chickens. He got to help GiGi collect the eggs! We also got to make a trip to IKEA, where I had most of the fun. It was a stressful situation (A was a pill, with no nap!), but it was fun, and we got lots of cool stuff, mostly for the kitchen! 

This week was Valentine's day, and we didn't do much, just ran a few errands and had Thai food for dinner. We ended the night watching The Bachelor and my favorite show, Castle! 

Now that I'm feeling better, hopefully I'll be able to keep a more steady stream of posts so you don't have to bite off a month at a time...Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment